Hiring: Software Engineers/DevelopersPost on May 21st 2012 by Tim Wintle
(Please note we will not work with Recruitment Agencies for this)
We’re looking for good programmers to join our development team working on the Viral Ad Network on a contract or part-time basis (for now).
The Viral Ad Network is an online ad network specialising in branded video and game content. Our technology is at the core of the business – it runs our real-time auctions for ads, reporting dashboards for advertisers and publishers, and our internal management tools. The problems are interesting, and code changes can affect what many millions of people get served within a few hours of starting deployment.
You’ll mainly be working on the dashboards – helping to design and implement the user-facing parts of our systems and analytics.
We are a small development team who work from different locations across the UK. Ideally you’d be based in our Bristol office, but working from home is an option (within standard office hours). If you’re working remotely you’ll need to be able to travel to central Bristol occasionally for meetings and training “in real life”.
For a second perspective on what it’s like around here, see the post on our parent company’s blog.
Requirements / Experience
- Several years relevant development experience in industry / open source.
- You don’t need to have a CS degree, but you should have a good understanding of algorithmic complexity, data structures and other core CS knowledge.
- An interest in user experience and an eye for front-end styling.
- A good knowledge of working on a Linux environment.
- An understanding of web app security issues – especially preventing XSS, CSRF and replay-attacks.
- Willingness to occasionally respond to alerts and fix urgent issues out-of hours.
- Self-motivation – we won’t have managers chasing you – you’ll need to manage your own work efficiently with the team.
Ideally you’ll also have experience with Agile or Scrum, experience working in Python, and a competency in C/C++.
Not quite right for you? Our parent company is hiring developers for other positions.